Tiger Claw Foundation launched a special showcase championship with all proceeds donated to WildAid’s efforts to save wild tigers. WildAid is an international non-profit organization with the mission to end the illegal wildlife trade within our lifetimes. Jackie Chan is a primary spokesperson for WildAid, and he is accompanied by Harrison Ford, Ang Lee, Bo Derek and some 80 other international celebrities. This year, the Tiger Claw Foundation is renewing its efforts to support WildAid, and expanding the scope of support to include all the endangered wild animals WildAid seeks to protect.
The WildAid Tiger Claw Champion is a special ‘any style, any form’ division. The WildAid Tiger Claw Champion will be awarded a custom trophy, special prizes and will be showcased in Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine throughout the following year. At the 2013 Tiger Claw Elite Championship, it is the only division where Traditional Karate, Taekwondo Poomse and Chinese martial arts will be able to compete against each other.
The WildAid Tiger Champions
2010: Yuan Long
2011: Zhang Yongbiao
2012: Sun Qibo
2013: Yu Zhenglong
The WildAid TigerClaw Champion 2013:
- Back Cover showcase in the September October 2014 issue of Kung Fu Tai Chi
- Inside Back Cover showcase in 2014-2015 issue of Kung Fu Tai Chi
- ‘got qi?’ showcase in 2014-2015 issue of Kung Fu Tai Chi
- Custom Tiger Trophy
ALL WILDAID TIGER CLAW CHAMPION CONTESTANTS WILL RECEIVE A COURTESY GIFT BAG.
*More awards to be announced. If you wish to donate an award for promotional consideration, donations to the WildAid Tiger Claw Championship are tax deductible. Contact Gene Ching at Gene@KungFuMagazine.com for more information.
WILDAID TIGERCLAW CHAMPION RULES
- This is an open forms division competition.
All styles are welcome but the form must be of a conventional martial origin
(entries that are strictly breakdancers are not permitted).
- Empty hands or weapons are allowed.
- Music is optional.
- Solo competitors only – no teams.
- Time Limits: 30 sec minimum, 2 min maximum.
- The judging panel will consist of 5-7 judges from mixed styles. The highest and
lowest scores will be discarded.
- Competitors will be judged on a scale of 1-10.